What are Porcelain Veneers?
Like many cosmetic dentistry procedures, porcelain veneers are an excellent way to repair your teeth without having to go through long and expensive treatments on them. A layer of porcelain is applied to teeth when using this technique, providing a strong and resilient layer that will meld perfectly with the teeth around it.
This sort of procedure can be used to solve a range of oral problems. Tooth discoloration can be caused by many things, including drinking coffee and smoking, but a veneer can solve these problems. Alongside this, veneers can also be used when teeth are chipped or broken.
Why Choose Porcelain Veneers?
There are many good reasons to choose porcelain veneers when you are looking to improve the way your teeth look. We’ve outlined many of these benefits below, but we also encourage you to get in touch with our friendly team if you’d like to learn more about this sort of treatment.
- Strong and hardy: Thanks to their ceramic properties, porcelain veneers are very strong, making them a good replacement for the teeth your body has made. This can help to offset enamel wear and other uncomfortable oral problems.
- Natural appearance: Porcelain veneer is already naturally tooth-colored, but it will also discolor in a similar way to the rest of your teeth, stopping them from standing out.
- Fast application: Unlike many dental procedures, porcelain veneers are quick to apply, making them great for those who don’t want to spend a long time at the dentist. Many alternative procedures will take much longer.
- Long-lasting: Thanks to their hardy nature, porcelain veneers are long-lasting and will look natural for their entire lifespan. This is great for anyone who wants to avoid regular appointments with their dentist.
- Affordable: Porcelain veneers are more affordable than many of their alternatives, providing a long-lasting finish that doesn’t break the bank in the process. This can make porcelain veneers an appealing alternative to teeth whitening.
The Porcelain Veneer Process
The process of getting a porcelain veneer can usually be handled in 3 appointments with your dentist. More than one tooth can be veneered at once, making this process much faster if you decide to get all of your teeth done at once.
- Initial appointment: The first appointment you have will be to assess your teeth and make sure that they are suitable for a veneer. Your dentist will start the process of preparing your veneers at this stage.
- Preparation appointment: Your next appointment will involve getting you and your mouth prepared for the veneers, while also finishing the preparation of the veneers themselves.
- Final appointment: The final appointment will be where the magic happens. Your veneers will be applied, leaving you with just a couple of checkups to make in the coming months.
As you can see, the process of getting porcelain veneers on your teeth is faster than you might expect. This is a great option for anyone looking to improve the appearance of their teeth, all without having to spend a fortune in time and money in the process. Contact our office today to learn more and schedule an appointment.