Walnut Ridge Dental Care is committed to helping you achieve and maintain a healthy smile you love. Consistent dental hygiene will help prevent problems, but when they occur, we have the restorative dentistry resources and equipment to help repair your teeth to their natural, beautiful form in Walnut Ridge, Arkansas. Restorative dentistry in Walnut Ridge AR includes dental implants, bridges, and crowns. In addition, restorative dentistry can also help to improve the function of the mouth, making it easier to eat and speak. Restorative dentistry can offer a much-needed solution for patients dealing with complex dental issues.
What is Restorative Dentistry?
Restorative dentistry is a variety of dental treatments and services that can help restore your smile after severe problems. Below are some of the restorative services we offer to bring beauty, health, and functionality back to your smile.
- Fillings: The most common restorative procedure we do is tooth-colored fillings after removing a cavity. Removing the entirety of the cavity will leave a hole in your tooth, exposing it to possible decay and infection. Fillings look just like your natural teeth and will be just as strong.
- Tooth Crowns: When a cavity has infected almost the entire outer portion of the tooth, a standard tooth filling may not be adequate. In this case, we use an artificial tooth cap made of porcelain to seal the existing part of the tooth.
- Dental Implants: Sometimes, when decay and infection are severe, the best option is to remove and replace the tooth entirely. We recommend a complete dental implant when a tooth is missing or needs to be pulled. Dental implants are permanent tooth restoration using a titanium post surgically placed into your jaw with a tooth crown on top.
- Fixed Dentures: When most of your teeth are missing and you want to repair your smile, a complete set of new teeth called dentures will allow you to do so. Our office offers fixed dentures, which can be permanently placed into your mouth using implants. Fixed dentures are a more comfortable, permanent alternative to traditional dentures.
Who is a Good Candidate for Restorative Dentistry?
While anyone who has suffered tooth damage may be a candidate for restorative dentistry, the best candidates are those with a healthy mouth and jawbone and who are committed to maintaining good oral hygiene. The best candidates must also be willing to follow the post-operative instructions provided by their dentist. By taking good care of their teeth and gums and following their dentist’s advice, patients can ensure that their restorative dentistry results will last a long time.
How Long Will the Results of Restorative Dentistry Last?
Restorative dentistry procedures, such as dental implants, can provide patients with years of improved oral health and a more attractive smile. To maintain the results of your procedure, you must practice good oral hygiene habits and visit your dentist regularly for checkups and cleanings.
Here are some tips for caring for your new dental work:
- Brush and floss regularly: Just like your natural teeth, restorative dental work needs to be cleaned daily. Be sure to brush gently, using a soft-bristled toothbrush. You should also floss carefully, taking care not to damage your teeth or gums.
- Avoid hard foods: Hard foods can damage your restorative dental work. Avoid biting into hard candy or crunching on ice cubes. If you do eat hard foods, be sure to chew slowly and carefully.
Additionally, some types of restorative dentistry, such as dental bridges, may require periodic replacement. However, with proper care, the results of your restorative dentistry procedure can last many years.
Exceptional Restorative Dentistry in Walnut Ridge AR
Walnut Ridge Dental Care in Walnut Ridge, Arkansas, is here for you and your smile. We are dedicated to helping you get the restorative dental care you need. Restorative dentistry can help you love your smile and increase your confidence. Contact us today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Samir Patel.